Defining Moments Part 1 - So Many Choices
In this message you will learn: Your life is a collection of decisions and the conventional approach to finding God's will for your life is not helpful.
Problems With The Conventional Approach to God’s Will:
- It focuses primarily on the non-moral decisions.
- It implies we have a tricky God.
- It keeps us preoccupied with the future.
- It aids us in avoiding personal responsibility and accountability.
13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own pretentious plans, and all such boasting is evil.
- Anxiety is simply living out the future before it gets here.